Friday, July 25, 2008

Should you tell your significant other everything?

Is it important to tell your mate everything? The person you consider your soulmate, the one your intimate with, that person you can consider marrying or are already married to. Is it wrong to keep secrets from them? Some will say it's important that your significant other know EVERYTHING from your past relationships, old or new friends, or if you cheated while in the relationship.

Others say no you shouldn't tell every thing about you some things you should keep to yourself, like embarrassing moments, the number of past intimate partners or maybe things you wish you hadn't done. Is it possible to date a person that has secrets? Is not telling considered being dishonest or lying, or are some things no one else's business? A healthy long term relationship (dating or married) should be based on honesty, right.

Should I tell or should I keep the skeleton closet door closed.

4 comments:

Reese said...

Depending of what the SECRET is. If it is something before you met this other person then no that was your old life. If it is somethng that you feel will hurt the person if they find out in the future then yes you need to tell. BUt to tell everything, no I dont agree.

taya said...

I agree your past is just unless something in your past will effect your current future with this person. Somethings need to be kept to yourself especially if it's not significant to the relationship.

Sondia Greffin said...

Hell no you should not tell everything if a man feels he need to know all of your business(who you were with, Friend you have who you cheated on ect..)i feel that individual may have some insecurities issues

Delhen said...

Depends on the strength of the relationship. I was in a relationship with my son's father who had low self esteem,immaturaty and jealousy issues.

He accused me everyday of cheating for five years...count them 1,2,3,4,5 and I tell you I did not cheat one day of those five years. However, my Bible promised me there are power in words and the day came I ran into my high school sweetheart and it was on and poppin.

He would have died if I came home and told him I had slept with my ex., even though he accused me I know he couldn't have handled the truth.

However, I am now married to a different man for almost six years and I know we tell each other about 80% of our bad behaviors (past and present).

I know I dont tell the other 20% because he would only be hurt, so I tell my best friend, who has enough dirt on me to bury me alive!