Thursday, August 7, 2008

I think I was tricked into marriage!

Your in a relationship whether it's 6 months or a couple years and you decide to move in with your partner. After you have found your new place or decide who moves in with who, you get hit with the family saying you must get married now NO SHACKING.

In the last few months I have heard several stories about this situation happening. How does that subject escape to be discussed. Or did your partner tell you and it feel on deaf ears? So now the pressure is on after living with your partner for a few weeks sometimes days because the family is breathing down your neck about a wedding date. Strange thing is you "think" you want to marry that person but you want to test the living arrangements first. Now dates are scheduled and before long you find yourself standing at the alter saying I Do. But your thinking, Do I?

Months pass and you realize maybe you didn't really know this person at all. He/She wasn't like this when we had separate places, who is this person. Those ugly traits have appeared, lazy, sloppy, selfish, needy, bad credit, no more sex, irresponsible with paying bills. No real thought was put into getting married it was just acted on due to the pressure so you just acted on it. Now your thinking maybe marriage was too soon; I wasn't ready for this. What do I do? Why did I agree if I wasn't sure? I think I was tricked into marriage!


Do you know anyone this has happened to, or did it happen to you. Please share your story, Ask Y and X wants to know.


1 comment:

taya said...

First off I feel that you should co-habitat before you get married. You never know someone before you live with them....BUT I don't feel that just b/c you wanna move in you should get married. You should dicuss it before you move in but that's about it. Don't let someone else family tell you what you should do, they are not in the relationship and they not gon be paying the bills in yo house.....so if you plan to move in with some cool BUT make sure you discuss the topic of marriage first so later when you bring it up the other person is not surprised.