Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Do Independent women make men feel inadequate?

Too many times have I heard women say their independence sometimes affects the relationships they're in. Can a woman that knows what she wants, has goals and ambition hurt a man's ego?

Ladies, how many of you have found that men act like it's a crime to be independent. If you meet a single woman that is already established with her own home and can take care of herself; why is it expected that she should let her independence go and totally depend on the man. I don't see what's wrong with a woman having her life together, having goals and ambition. Of course woman should compromise in a relationship that shouldn't be an issue. But a woman should not be considered selfish because sometimes it's hard to let go of her independence. If you have been taking care of things for so long, it may be hard to be submissive in a relationship. It's not bad thing to make sure you are taken care of. And why should is it wrong for a woman to feel like they need to make sure they can continue to take care of things just in case the relationship does not work.


Men you can still provide for your woman with out her giving up her independence. There should be no hard feelings if you're dating a woman that is strong, motivated and get things done on her own. Really what do expect if you met her this way, it's hard to make the transition; try putting yourself in her shoes maybe you will get a better understanding. Men you have to understand this isn't the old days where you go bring home the bacon, women now can bring home the bacon too. It's not that women don't need you, it's just different times when single women have been put in that position to do it for yourself. Relationships are team work. And Ladies sometimes you may have to compromise a little more, you know men are all ego :-)

Communication is always the key in relationships, it won't survive with out it.

What are yout thoughts on the subject, Ask Y and X wants to hear from you.



2 comments:

Get Togetha said...

It really depends on how strong the ego is in your man. If you're the type of woman who wants a man's man burly type then you need not be too independent cause he won't feel useful. Your independence will threaten him to a fault. And you better make less money than him...lol...

I myself. I have a sensitive loving and caring man who can give too shits whether I make 100,000 dollars more than he makes. All he wants to know from me is that I adore, love and respect him.

I'm extremely independent; like most black women. But I have learned to let my husband do things for me because men do need to feel needed. It's a part of their nature and it is what defines them as men: providers. A good man wants to provide. Plain and simple.

If you are walking around doing every damn thing then what do you need him for? No man likes that one bit.

Unknown said...

I am an independent woman in the sense that I have my own home, pay all my bills, etc. I have been in a relationship for nearly six years with the father of my 5 year old. He has proposed etc., but I'm reluctant to marry him because he is not meeting my expectations in terms of managing his own finances, paying for our dates, taking care of fixtures around the house, maintaining the vehicles. He excuse is that he has his own things to manage and doesn't feel obligated to help me. Although he is a pretty good father to our child, he frustrates me to the upmost as a partner. He does not bring to the table without a fight what I'm freely willing to give.